Our client is a very high growth software technology company developing location based services with full scalability, providing immediate location data insight. The geo-positioning technology is the product of award winning research and is backed by major technology funders.
The successful candidate will have a Computer Science degree and/or an official Amazon AWS DevOps certification, plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience in deploying and maintaining large Amazon AWS based SaaS solutions.
The core responsibility will be deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the running of the company’s backend infrastructure. The role requires hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, scripting skills, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud high availability and security principles.
This enormously challenging position requires knowledge across MUCH of the following:
- Degree in Computer Science or AWS certification
- 2+ years deploying and running low latency, scalable, reliable and secure cloud based systems for a large number of users
- 2+ years using AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, IAM)
- Experience of deployment and configuration technologies (Jenkins, Docker).
- Experience of Git, testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Experience of working with agile project management using JIRA
- Experience with automated monitoring and alerting tools in AWS
- Proficient in Python scripting and automation
- Linux system administration
- Proven ability to deploy, monitor and maintain 24x7 mission critical systems.
- Great team player with excellent communication skills and work ethic
- Excellence in and working proficiency of English; written and spoken
- Experience of storing, managing, and processing large scale datasets
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration for PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MongoDB, SQLite, RDS, DynamoDB
- Networking skills: understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP
- An understanding of porting from AWS to AZURE