Backend Software Engineer / Backend Developer. This very high growth software technology company is developing location based services with full scalability, providing immediate location data insight. The technology is the product of award winning research and is backed by big technology funders. Set to be used by businesses and consumers globally in a wide variety of sectors including retail, healthcare and transportation; the company is on course to grow massively over the next couple of years and beyond.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to:
- Design, develop and maintain server-side features, in Python, for cloud based applications
- Write unit tests, contribute to automation, and deliver robust clean code
- Work with the operations team to debug and resolve issues with deployed software
The successful Backend Software Engineer will need:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in designing, building and running low latency, scalable, reliable and secure cloud based systems for a large number of users
- 2+ years of experience designing scalable RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience of back end systems and RESTful architectures exposing API to mobile apps
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience of storing, managing and processing large scale datasets
- Experience of web frameworks (e.g. Django, Ruby on Rails, Backbone)
- Knowledge of or experience with AngularJS or other client side application frameworks
- Exposure to Git, testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Experience of working with agile project management
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, deadline driven, problem solving person who is an excellent team player with an ability and passion to learn new things and apply new technologies. Come and help shape this astonishing technology!
Benefits include a high salary, 10% Bonus (discretionary) and a 5% contributory pension scheme.
Backend Software Engineer / Backend Developer - Python, Cloud, AWS, Databases, MongoDB
£45,000 - £60,000