We’re looking for a Senior level Java Server Developer with an appetite for trying new technologies who wants to work at the cutting edge of cleantech. This career move will suit someone with excellent communication skills, who has a passion for quality and who has worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading cleantech companies, successfully rolling out substantial clean energy projects, delivering innovative software solutions within the heating and renewable energy sector. A dynamic, multi award winning business leading the sector in delivering innovative machine learning based solutions to energy optimisation in district heat and smart grid applications.
As a result of some large contract wins they are looking to expand their small, highly motivated team of developers delivering a scalable backend services platform. Using an agile Kanban development approach they deliver frequently and have a focus on test automation and continuous delivery.
The successful Java Server Developer will need:
- high quality OO design and development skills
- experience in Java or Scala development in large complex systems
- good knowledge of enterprise architecture
- server-side development experience on Linux with good knowledge of how to get effective use out of open source toolsets and frameworks
- Agile software development experience
- Good academic qualifications with a numerate degree
Further knowledge of one/more of the following is also desirable:
- Typesafe / Lightbend stack (Play, Akka)
- Spring / OSGi
- Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Web UI and App development (Bootstrap, Cordova)
- Cloud deployment architectures
- Secure and Scalable Microservices