Linux Systems Administrator / Linux Sys Admin
To £45k + benefits
We’re looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join one of the UK’s leading cleantech companies, focused on delivering innovative software solutions within the heating and renewable energy sector.
As a result of growth and successfully winning some large innovation projects there is increasing demand for Linux systems administration to support the Corporate and Production IT infrastructures.
The company operates a SaaS platform with various test and trial instances that need maintenance. Support includes specification, installation, testing and fault resolution within established procedures, and development of new procedures where required. The Linux Systems Administrator will require independent analysis, communication and problem solving.
Linux Systems Administrator - Essential Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience administering Linux systems
- Experience with enterprise Linux distributions from Red Hat or equivalent
- A strong understanding of network setup, layers, routing, configuration and facilities (DNS, DHCP, NTP, iptables)
- Knowledge of Linux security such as SELinux, LDAP, NSS, PAM
- Sound scripting and language skills such as bash, Python, Perl
- Ability to perform Operating System upgrades
- Configuration and maintenance of common Linux applications such as Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP
- Knowledge of set up and administration of AWS EC2 instances
- Experience with provisioning Linux servers, IP Networking, and software deployments
- Experience providing Desktop support for Microsoft Windows and MAC OSX based Desktop Operating Systems
- Good understanding of TCP/IP routing and Local Area Networks
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and firewall products, principles of computer security and encryption technologies with experience in identifying, removing, and protecting against spyware/virus infection
- Knowledge and previous experience with virtualisation technologies such as KVM, QEMU, virsh etc
- Experience of managing wired and wireless networks
- Experience of trouble ticket and change management systems and processes
You will be able to work with little supervision and will need initiative, attention to detail and self motivation.