Principal Engineer - IR, AI, ML, NLP, Web Search, Knowledge mining (c £100k + Equity)
Our client is a well funded, internationally acclaimed research-led software start-up - an entrepreneurial PhD team - developing new information retrieval and machine learning based approaches for web search using a combination of semantic graphing, natural language processing (NLP), IR, summarisation and reinforcement learning techniques. Working on the cutting edge of what’s possible in Knowledge mining their aim is to revolutionise the way every single online user utilises the web - from the holiday booker to the financial analyst.
A successful prototype emanating from years of research means that the exciting challenge ahead is to productionise the technology. We’re seeking a world expert steeped in implementing innovations in fields such as knowledge mining, IR, knowledge graphs et al. An exceptional Principal Engineer with a remit to inspire and lead the engineering team, whilst forming the technical strategy that serves the vision of the business.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- - Leading the architecture and implementation of their virtual assistant product, ML and NLP, research infrastructure, and DevOps
- - Defining, participating and leading in creating an environment with research and agile development at its core
- - Incorporating TDD/BDD practices into the software engineering methodologies
- - Developing high-quality bespoke cloud and other innovative solutions
- - Building a team of world-class engineers around you
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of significant experience at implementing deeply technical commercial innovations at companies working in the fields of information retrieval, knowledge graphs, knowledge representation and reasoning, APIs/integrations or virtual assistants
- 5+ years of significant experience working in a research environment at companies working in the fields of information retrieval, knowledge graphs, knowledge representation and reasoning, APIs/integrations or virtual assistants
- Able to think conceptually and isn’t tied down to current information retrieval paradigms
- Experience in the following domains: knowledge bases, web search, (task based) information retrieval, knowledge/information extraction, NER, relation extraction, micro-services architectures, graph databases.
NB for the right candidate we can look at Visa sponsorship.
Principal / Head / Lead Engineer - Software Development, Artificial Intelligence, Information Retrieval, Web Search, Knowledge Graphs, R&D
Salary c£100k + equity