Python Software Engineer - Git, API's, Linux
This early stage, well funded, B2B tech start-up is building a predictive investment platform at the top end of the real estate industry. The scientific challenge in such a data-heavy business focused on predicting prices and understanding the factors driving these prices is immense. Backed by one of the largest VCs in Europe they have big dreams and are rapidly growing!
On the back of a new round of funding they’re now looking for an ambitious Back-end Python Developer to work closely with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to help build some of the product and automate the data pipeline.
- You hold either a MSc in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent
- You’re using Python regularly
- You're familiar with git
- You've used django
- Building and using APIs is second nature to you
- You know your way around a Linux terminal
- You've worked with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- You’re passionate about technology and programming
- You have at least 3-5 years work experience building large-scale software projects
- You're familiar with or have been using Amazon Web Services (EC2, Elastic Beanstalk)
- You're familiar with hadoop/hive/Apache Spark
- You’re familiar with GIS (e.g. postgis)
- You have experience handling large datasets
- You’re familiar with pandas, numpy and/or scikit-learn
- You’re an open source contributor
You will be naturally skilled at taking on new ideas, an excellent team player who can independently take charge and crucially ‘get things done’!
Excellent benefits - including high equity potential, flexible working, 5 weeks vacation