Senior Java Developer - Architect, Java EE, Git, runtime library, TDD, CI/CD Oxford AI leader
An innovative, very high growth AI spinout from the University of Oxford is seeking a Senior Java Developer who is passionate about automating things, making software development as efficient as possible and building systems that just work.
The Senior Java Developer will work on Java components of a product with the potential to be used by every Software Developer in the world. The technology stack consists of a Java IDE plugin, Java AST transformation components and a C++ analysis engine.
Senior Java Developer - Responsibilities:
- Architect Java components using best practices
- Create, implement and maintain processes within the team for efficient software development, testing, deployment, operation and maintenance
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine business and functional requirements and determine project scopes and specifications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Manage work in an agile development environment using Scrum or Kanban
Senior Java Developer - Required Skills:
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Java EE / J2EE
- Proven experience in contributing to large private or open-source projects
- Git or other SCMs
- Test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills
- Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and adapt to arising challenges
- Compiler architectures, parsers and syntax trees
- Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA plug-ins
Senior Java Developer - Benefits: you’ll get to work in one of the hottest tech start-ups; flexible working hours; free lunch and snacks; competitive salary; private health and dental plan; 8% non-contributory pension and 25 days annual leave.
Senior Java Developer - Git, runtime library, TDD, CI/CD Oxford AI leader