Test Automation Engineer / QA Test Analyst - Java coding
To £45k + excellent benefits
An innovative, very high growth AI spinout from the University of Oxford is seeking a resourceful, technically strong Test Automation Engineer with a 'test to break' mindset.
You’ll be joining a PhD team of some of the world’s leading experts in computer verification and machine learning and be responsible for accelerating end to end automated tests, as well as, some manual testing.
The successful Test Engineer will build rigorous QA processes including both manual and automated testing. You will be creating and maintaining automated test suites to test a platform that generates units tests from java source code. This will involve web GUI automation testing, API test automation, test-generation engine test automation and full stack end-to-end test automation.
You will need:
- At least one year's experience writing automated test cases
- Automation Experience in any of these areas:
- Web Browser Automation using selenium or equivalent tool
- Experience of API Test Automation
- Experience of automating command line driven applications
- Experience of developing an automation framework from scratch
- Good Understanding of Test Automation principles and best practises
- Ability to use Unix or Linux based servers from the command line
- The ability to code from scratch in Java
- Good experience using defect tracking tools
- Some experience working in an Agile development environment
- Good ability to work within a team and also to work on tasks autonomously
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- A good understanding of Unit Testing
- The ability to quickly learn new languages, techniques and processes is an essential characteristic of this role. Full training will be provided where required.
Benefits include a competitive salary plus the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies; flexible working hours; 8% pension employer contribution; role flexibility (learn new technologies if you want); free lunches; private healthcare insurance; dental insurance; life insurance; critical illness insurance; income protection insurance.