Back-end Developer - Rust, AWS, MySQL
£43-53K + Stock Options
Fully remote working within GMT +3
We're looking for a Back-end Developer to work on a multitude of ongoing projects, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and other channels. The primary focus of the Backend Developer will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database.
Our client creates virtual reality (VR) experiences that boost sales and customer engagement for businesses in art and luxury fashion. In short, they help brands bring the physical retail experience into the virtual world, using cutting edge 3D technology. They’re a fast-growing scale-up with significant funding, a small international team, now looking to expand their engineering department.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience
- Troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Develop automated tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science or a related field
- Experience with core AWS web-enabling technologies
- Fluency or a firm understanding of Rust
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of CSS, HTML, JS
- Firm understanding of Git source control
- A genuine interest in what you do
- Deep passion for constant improvement towards your career
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed
The successful Back End Developer will have the opportunity to become a key member of the team, helping to create virtual reality experiences, working with high-end art galleries and notable fashion brands. All while having flexible working hours and full support of the team.
Backend Software Engineer | Back-End Developer | Back End Developer | Rust | AWS | MySQL | Git | Remote