C++ / Java Research Engineer, Oxford
This new opening is for a Research Engineer with experience in C++ or Java, writing verification tools, and dynamic / static program analysis.
The C++ / Java Research Engineer will work with a team of 5 researchers and contribute to the research, design, implementation, and evaluation of the engine from the very early stages of development.
This is a great opportunity for a research engineer to learn new AI and program synthesis techniques. We strongly believe that diversity is important for a modern business, and that when different opinions, backgrounds and life views meet, better results are obtained.
The C++ / Java Research Engineer will:
- Improve existing research techniques for verification and testing in order to make them ready to cope with industrial-size software
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and evolution of dynamic analysis infrastructure
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Engage in writing scientific papers or patents
C++ / Java Research Engineer requirements:
- PhD in computer science or a related discipline
- Strong proficiency in writing verification tools in C++ or Java
- Proven experience with developing for verification/compiler architectures
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with at least one of the techniques mentioned above
- Proven track record of publications/patents in one or more of the techniques enumerated above
Optional but desirable skills:
- In-depth knowledge of the language specifications of the JVM or C
- Proficient understanding of the version control system GIT
- Familiarity with language tools, such as GDB, Gprof, and Valgrind
- Proven experience in contributing to large private or open-source projects
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest tech start-ups in the world of AI for code.
Competitive salary £56-70k, Private health and dental insurance plan, 8% non-contributory pension, Life insurance and Income protection, 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Free yoga & Gym membership.