C++ Team Leader, Senior C++ Developer, CBMC, Open Source, Agile. Central Oxford.
Highly prized opportunity for an expert Senior C++ Developer with the skills and experience to lead a small Open Source team in a circa 50:50 hands-on/hands-off role. You’ll be joining one of the world's leading AI tech businesses - a spin-out from Oxford University, now superbly positioned with record funding and a world class tech team in place.
The C++ Team Lead will work as part of a team comprising experts in AI, static and dynamic program analysis, and software verification. Although geeks at heart, they nonetheless have a razor sharp focus on their customers as they strive to deliver unparalleled value in a new and exciting space. The Open Source team is primarily responsible for ongoing development of the C Bounded Model Checker (CBMC) for marquee customers.
C++ Team Leader overview:
The C++ Team Leader will be expected to manage the agile delivery of CBMC features, to line manage a very small world class team and to participate in the technical review and refinement of ongoing projects. You will also be expected to manage key customer relationships that are in place to ensure they’re ‘building the right product’ as well as ‘building the product right’.
C++ Team Leader remit:
- Manage the Open Source team and deliverables operating in an Agile environment
- Provide architectural guidance and review on sprint backlog items
- Pro-actively contribute to the team’s objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand, define and refine user stories and the product backlog
- Have a passion for innovation and improvement whilst recognizing that customer outcomes are always king
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
- Fluency in the C and C++ languages
- Exposure to program analysis techniques
- Experience of managing small teams in an agile environment
- Proven experience in contributing to large private and/or open-source projects
- Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with one or more of Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
This is a great opportunity for an expert C++ Developer with excellent management abilities to learn new AI and program synthesis techniques. The environment is highly collaborative, one where everyone is encouraged to not only support but learn from each other. Diversity is important to our client: "...that when different opinions, backgrounds and life views meet, better results are obtained."
Benefits: private health and dental plan; 8% non-contributory pension; 25 days annual leave; yoga & gym membership.
Work from home until 31st August.