Front-End Developer, Next.js, React, ES6, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, e-commerce AI Scale-up
£50-80k + equity
Our client is a small start-up that is changing the world of art by developing algorithms which enable everyone to own personal, one-of-a-kind artworks, no matter their budget. How cool is that!
Underpinned by 2 rounds of funding they are constantly innovating the product experience by leveraging their strong in-house algorithm and development teams.
Such ambition finds them now seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to help them build great user experiences, as they rebuild their platform from the ground up. A skilled Frontend Developer who specializes in using UI technologies to develop scalable highly interactive sites. The new platform is built on a modern technology stack, using Next.js, python and No-SQL data stores, and is hosted on AWS.
The successful Front End Developer will work in a small team of dedicated software developers and ML engineers in the creation of this e-commerce platform.
- collaborate with team members to conceptualize and build well crafted scalable solutions
- constructively provide feedback and insights to your peers through code reviews and other discussions
- produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business
- improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
The person we’re keen to find will:
- have been building front end web applications professionally for upwards of 4 years
- have a strong understanding of building web applications powered by RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- care deeply about web performance, loading fast, and staying fast
- write testable, maintainable, and understandable code
- have a passion for knowledge, continued learning, and sharing it with others
- be a strong communicator able to explain complex topics to peers, the product team, and other non-technical team members
- experience in E-commerce development
- have strong AWS experience
- a sound familiarity with Next.js
You’ll be joining a small collaborative team (currently 7) of talented, fun, and highly motivated people. You’ll be rewarded with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Theirs is a cool environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. If you’re proactive, accountable and focused on continuous learning you’ll fit right in!