IT Manager, strong Linux, Networking, corporate governance – Newbury (to £60k)
We’re looking for an ambitious IT Manager to join one of the world’s leading cleantech companies. This multi-award winning company operates a mix of embedded in-home software and a hosted SAAS platform. The IT Manager will be jointly responsible for the smooth running of production infrastructure and applications, and operation of corporate infrastructure.
The IT Manager will have a proven track record in the delivery and operation of complex computing systems. You will have a strong desire to automate and continuously improve, a keen interest in best practice system operations and expertise in networking (firewall configuration, routing etc) and corporate IT governance.
The culture will suit someone who is highly self motivated and self reliant, a natural communicator, collaborative, agile, dynamic.
The IT Manager will require strong Linux skills including a mix of the following:
- enterprise Linux distributions
- network setup, layers, routing, configuration, TCP routing, and facilities (DNS, DHCP, NTP, iptables)
- Linux security such as SELinux, LDAP, NSS, PAM
- scripting and language skills, such as bash, Python, Perl
- virtualisation technologies such as KVM, Xen, QEMU, virsh
- configuration and maintenance of common Linux applications such as Apache, Glassfish, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP
- CI tools such as Jenkins, Cruise Control and work management tools such as Jira or Bugzilla
You will also need:
- very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with engineering teams and non-technical stakeholders
- IT management experience
- the ability to see the big picture but can also drill down to the detail
- a pro-active, hands-on approach
- ability to manage conflicting priorities and stakeholder expectations
- ability to manage time and workload efficiently, including planning, organizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports, paying close attention to detail
- a motivated self-starter with a “start-up style” delivery ethos
- a strong delivery ethos and can influence people to make things happen
- fast learner and active problem solver
IT Manager, strong Linux / IT Manager, Linux Systems Administrator, Newbury, Berkshire, to £60k + benefits