We're looking for a skilled Junior Java Developer to join one of the world's leading AI tech businesses - a spin-out from Oxford University, now superbly positioned with record funding and a world class tech team coming together.
This is a great opportunity for a Junior Java Developer to learn new AI and program synthesis techniques. You will need to understand the technology and principles that underpin modern Java applications and have a passion for delivering value to customers in an agile environment.
You will be expected to readily empathise with customers using environments such as the Spring Framework as well as understanding the internals of how these systems are put together. You will also have a passion for testing and best-practice software delivery.
Junior Java Developer - Responsibilities
- Design and build complex Core Java software in an Agile environment, using industry best practices
- Participate in code reviews, pull-request development, pair programming and test development
- Pro-actively contribute to the team’s objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine user stories and the product backlog
- Have a passion for innovation and improvement whilst recognizing that customer outcomes are always king
The successful Junior Java Developer will have much of the following:
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Fluency in the Spring Framework and the core concepts of Spring testing
- Proven experience in contributing to large private and/or open-source projects
- Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Experience with one or more of Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and adapt to arising challenges
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest tech startups.Competitive salary £33-38k negotiable; Private health and dental plan ; 8% non-contributory pension ; 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays ; Free yoga & Gym membership ; Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave.