Junior QA Test Engineer / Graduate QA Analyst – Linux, SQL, ‘test to break’
Newbury, remote start, to £30K
This pioneering Cleantech company at the forefront of making energy use more efficient and more affordable for UK households is looking for a Junior QA Tester / Graduate QA Engineer. Based in West Berkshire with around 70 employees, their existing customer base includes energy suppliers, network utilities and social landlords. The company is the UK market leader in the provision of rooftop solar PV monitoring services and is a leader in delivering hybrid heating systems.
Their parent company was recently ranked one of the Best Workplaces™ in the UK.
The Junior QA Tester will have an active hands-on role and work closely with software engineering teams in an agile environment to ensure the high quality of their product deliveries.
The brief will see you:
- Generating test cases and test scripts
- Managing test datasets
- Running tests, logging bugs and reporting results
- Having active participation in the agile processes
The person we’re after will be highly ambitious for success and will have a demonstrable understanding of the principles of product testing, a ‘test to break’ aptitude, and experience in testing software systems.
The Junior QA Tester is likely to have a technical curiosity that gives them a wider understanding of the systems that they are working on.
Specifically, you will:
- Have worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations
- Be methodical with a highly thorough and structured approach to work
- Fast learner and active problem solver
- Enquiring mind
- Able and willing to challenge others
- A user level knowledge of Linux
- Experience or knowledge of heating control systems.
- Experience or knowledge of Wireless communications
- Experience in testing remote telemetry systems
- Creation and manipulation of data using SQL
QA staff are expected to involve themselves in all stages of the products’ development from initial design to final delivery and to work closely with the software engineering teams. Accordingly, this is perhaps the ultimate career move for an ambitious tester with a ‘test to break’ aptitude and flair, twinned with experience in product testing and testing software systems.