Lead Software Developer, Birmingham
Our client works with companies that are focused on exploiting the opportunities created by the need to transform global energy systems. They are expanding the software engineering team to meet the demands of a growing portfolio of new and exciting projects in the energy market sector.
- Strong academic background i.e., Bachelor's level in degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
- Ability to apply software quality standards across the team, encouraging practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, coding standards and the use of tools for ensuring quality.
- Excellent knowledge of principles in software developer such as SOLID and OOP design patterns.
- Should have a sound knowledge of both front-end software development and back-end software development.
- An ability to design solutions that will satisfy customer requirements.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with SQL (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases and configuring for resilience and efficiency.
- Experience using queues such as RabbitMQ or Hornet Q and stream processing software such as Kafka.
- Knowledge and experience of version control software, branching strategies and repository technology, ideally Git, GitHub and GitLab
- Experience of configuring and implementing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience of working in Agile/Scrum development teams
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience and knowledge of working with AWS, and the various managed services they offer
- Knowledge and experience of IoT integrations
- Use of UML for the description and documentation of software design
- Great communication skills to work with a talented multi-disciplined team
- ‘Can do’ attitude that is willing to challenge team members to find the best solution while working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experience of integrating software and hardware
Salary: to £53k + Benefits