Principal AI Scientist
Principal AI Scientist, NLP, Large Language Models, Biotech
West London - office based 4 days per week
To £82.5k + BUPA + high Bonus
We’re looking for an MSc/PhD level AI Engineer / AI Scientist. An Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning expert to contribute to a transformational change in the way drug discovery is done with a high growth, fast-paced biotechnology company.
The Principal AI Scientist will specialise in NLP / Large Language Models bringing in-depth expertise - real problem-solving 'under the bonnet’ knowhow of LLMs eg. GPT-4, Claude, Huggingface, LLaMA, LangChain, LlamaIndex, Pinecone etc.
You’ll be skilled in adapting and debugging ML systems across different environments, interested in all aspects of machine learning, such as parameter efficient adaptation of large language and vision models. With ideas about productionizing ML systems, long context text summarization, production-grade ML systems etc.
In short, you will have acquired special expertise in Transformers, be experienced with API wrappers like LangChain and Auto-GPT, have experience in evaluating LLMs and prompt engineering, semantic search, and embedding-based fine tuning of NLP models such as those in Sentence Transformers.
You will need:
- MSc/PhD and ideally post-doctoral or similar experience, in AI/Machine Learning, Textual Analysis/Natural Language Processing and Transformer technology/Large Language Models
- Experience in NLP and Large Language Models, eg. GPT-4, Claude, Huggingface, LLaMA, LangChain, LlamaIndex, Pinecone
- Proven track record of contributions to large AI domain software and data engineering projects relevant to the life sciences, ideally in drug discovery, preferably in a biotech start-up environment
- Good knowledge of cloud computing environments is essential with a preference for AWS
Knowledge in several of the following will be advantageous:
- AI/ML approaches to problems in the Life Sciences
- Engineering and data solutions to support bioinformatic workflow design and development, with a focus on ML/AI applications
- An understanding of data management techniques for large-scale scientific data sets
- Programming skills in Java, C/C++, R or Python
- SOA NLP APIs and Machine Learning / Deep Learning frameworks
- Experience of translating user requirements into workflow designs/specifications
- Experience building and optimising data processing pipelines e.g., Nextflow/Nextflow Tower, SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with graph databases
- Network Science and modern statistical methods would be a big ‘plus’
You will be joining a stunning, world class, tech team of problem solvers. The team works on a ground-breaking project to develop and implement AI-driven innovations, supporting the implementation of next generation computational drug discovery and siRNA platforms.
Some of the wider benefits:
BUPA for self + partner/family Discretionary bonus 10% employer pension contribution
Principal AI Scientist | Principal AI Engineer | Senior Machine Learning Engineer | NLP Engineer
- Salary :To £82.5k + bonus
- Position :Permanent
- Location :London
- Workplace :Hybrid Remote
- Employment type :Full Time
- Benefits :Pension
- Visa Sponsorship :Not Available