Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer, IaC on AWS, Python/Java, SQL, NoSQL, Cloud apps
Hybrid remote – office based in west London 4 days per week
Highly competitive + BUPA, discretionary bonus
A stunning opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer – Python, Java, Infrastructure-as-Code on AWS, SQL, NoSQL - to join a high-growth biotechnology company at the forefront of the AI-driven drug discovery revolution.
You will be involved in E2E application design, and be the expert in the team on building cloud-native applications, guiding best practice and patterns.
Being at the cutting-edge of Biotech means that work will be interesting, exciting, and challenging – and you will be making a worthwhile impact on the treatment of important diseases.
The software engineering team, which works through the entire product life cycle, has a very varied portfolio; Java services in Kubernetes, data integration pipelines, cloud native large language model applications, GUI applications.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will work closely with the Head of Software Engineering to actively identify and guide the team through technical and operational challenges.
- Working with teams across the company to design, build, and deploy new software products to aid in drug discovery
- Monitoring and maintaining deployed software
- Being a leader in the engineering team on architecting applications in AWS
- Proactively supporting team members and wider company in achieving the company’s goals
- Looking out for improvements to ways of working
- Generalist with a background in full-stack, end-to-end cloud application design and development
- Senior or leadership experience in a small team
- Experience of designing, planning, delivering to project deadlines/sprint goals
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code on AWS using a wide range of AWS services; ECS and networking especially, but including S3, SQS, RDS, CloudWatch
- Python application or Java expert, but keen polyglot – very confident in at least one other mainstream language
- Comfortable with SQL and NoSQL databases – both populating and querying
- Experience working with non-technical users – gathering and refining complex requirements
Principal Software Engineer | Lead Software Engineer | IaC on AWS, Python/Java expert
- Salary :Highly competitive
- Position :Permanent
- Location :London
- Workplace :Hybrid Remote
- Employment type :Full Time
- Benefits :Pension
- Visa Sponsorship :Not Available