Principal Software Engineer / Architect, C++, Linux, Algorithms
We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer / Architect to join a ground-breaking tech start-up working on building the world’s most advanced spatiotemporal analysis platform.
SC security clearance or a willingness and ability to undergo SC security clearance checks is essential.
The Principal Software Engineer will join an experienced and rapidly growing Infrastructure and Platform team and will be responsibilities for: architecting key components of a state-of-the-art analytical database engine; researching, designing, and implementing software algorithms from first principles; collaborating with other engineers to co-ordinate efforts and solve novel problems.
The Principal Software Engineer will need:
- BSc/BEng in Maths, Physics, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience
- Expert skill in C++11/14/17
- 5+ years experience systems level C or C++
- Fluent in Linux software development
- Experience working on database internals, network protocol stacks, or distributed file systems
- Existing UK government security clearance (SC/DV)
- Performance engineering and code optimization expertise
- Experience with geospatial algorithms or computational geometry
- Design of software for massively parallel systems