Python AWS Developer
Python Developer | Senior Software Engineer, Python expert, IaC, AWS (Biotech leader)
Hybrid remote – office based in West London 4 days per week
Highly competitive salary + BUPA, discretionary bonus
A stunning opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a high-growth biotechnology company at the forefront of the AI-driven drug discovery revolution.
You will be involved in E2E application design, and be the Python expert in the team, guiding best practice and patterns. Being at the cutting-edge of Biotech means that work will be interesting, exciting, and challenging – and you will be making a worthwhile impact on the treatment of important diseases.
The software engineering team, which works through the entire product life cycle, has a varied portfolio: Java services in Kubernetes; data integration pipelines; cloud native large language model applications; GUI applications.
You will be involved in all aspects of software engineering from day one, and pushed to learn and progress as far as you are able.
The Python Senior Software Engineer role:
- Working closely with the Data and AI teams to design, build, and deploy new software products to aid in drug discovery
- Monitoring and maintaining deployed software
- Proactively supporting team members and wider company in achieving the company’s goals
- Looking out for improvements to ways of working
- Being the Python thought leader in the team and company
- A background in full-stack, end-to-end cloud application design and development
- Python application expert
- Polyglot confident in at least one other mainstream language
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) on AWS
- Comfortable with SQL and NoSQL databases – populating and querying
- Experience working with non-technical users – gathering and refining complex requirements
- Team focused – you enjoy working to shared goals and helping others
- Honest, open, and authentic
- Enjoys responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Pragmatic - interested in solving problems, not technology
- Excellent communication, time management, and organisation skills
- Curious, with a desire and aptitude to learn new skills and contribute outside your direct role
- Keen eye for improving efficiency and processes
The best software is produced when the people building it are tightly integrated with their users, so you will also get the opportunity to learn some molecular biology and medicine along the way!
Discretionary bonus, Bupa, Medicash, 10% pension
Senior Software Engineer | Senior Python Developer | Senior Full Stack Python AWS Software Developer
- Salary :Highly competitive
- Position :Permanent
- Location :London
- Workplace :Hybrid Remote
- Employment type :Full Time
- Benefits :Pension
- Visa Sponsorship :Not Available