QA Engineer, Oxford
Software Tester / Junior QA Analyst - Java, JUnit, Spring, Automation
This is a great opportunity for a Java QA Engineer to bring skills in test automation and quality assurance to improve the speed of product delivery without compromising overall quality.
Along the way you’ll learn new AI and program synthesis techniques and have the opportunity to graduate into the core engineering team.
Our client is changing the way software is developed. Founded in 2016, a year later they raised a $22 million Series A, the largest AI round in Europe that year.
You will be expected to readily empathise with customers using environments such as the Spring Framework as well as understanding the internals of how these systems are put together. You will also have a passion for testing and best-practice software delivery.
The QA Engineer will:
- Design and build complex Core Java JUnit tests in an Agile environment, using industry QA best practices
- Manually test those parts of the product that do not yet have test automation and rapidly evolve testing corpus and infrastructure to cover them in time
- Participate in code reviews, pull-request development, pair programming and test development
- Pro-actively contribute to the team’s objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine user stories and the product backlog
We are looking for a QA Engineer who can tick many of the following:
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Fluency with JUnit, hamcrest and other Java testing frameworks
- Good understanding of the Spring Framework and the core concepts of Spring testing
- Knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Contributions to large private and/or open-source projects
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Experience with one or more of Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest tech startups in the world of AI for code, applying state-of-the-art program analysis and synthesis technology to tough problems faced by development teams at the world’s leading companies.
Competitive salary, Private health and dental plan, 8% non-contributory pension, 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Free yoga & Gym membership, Enhanced family friendly benefits.