QA Engineer, QA Tester - Cleantech, Manual and Automation Testing
Newbury, remote start then possible fully remote
Our client is a pioneering Cleantech company at the forefront of making energy use more efficient and more affordable for UK households. Based in West Berkshire with around 70 employees, their existing customer base includes energy suppliers, network utilities and social landlords. The company is the UK market leader in the provision of rooftop solar PV monitoring services and is a leader in delivering hybrid heating systems.
Their parent company was recently ranked one of the Best Workplaces™ in the UK.
The successful QA Engineer will be highly ambitious for success and will have a proven track record in the testing of complex scalable connected systems. You are likely to have a technical curiosity that gives you a wider understanding of the systems you’re working on.
The QA Engineer role:
- Devising and generating test cases and test scripts
- Development of automated tests
- Devising and/or acquiring test data
- Managing test datasets
- Running tests, logging bugs and reporting results
- Active participation in the agile kanban processes
Required skills and experience:
- Has worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations
- Has been an active participant in an iterative development environment
- Some experience in automated testing with a desire to expand their competency
- Creation and manipulation of test data using SQL
- Good knowledge of web testing tools and methodologies
- A working knowledge of Linux
- Methodical with a highly thorough and structured approach to work
- Fast learner and active problem solver
- Enquiring mind
- Automated testing of web based applications using tools such as selenium or JMeter.
- Working experience of an OOP language such as Java; C# / C
- Linux shell scripting
- Previous experience in testing of enterprise deployments
- Team Leading experience
In summary. An excellent real world opportunity for a deeply inquisitive, technically very strong, career minded QA Engineer keen to involve themselves in all stages of the products’ development from initial design to final delivery and to work closely with the software engineering teams.