Senior Geospatial Data Scientist - PostGIS, Deep tech AI start-up
London - office based
We are looking for an experienced Geospatial Data Scientist with programming expertise and experience working in professional development teams. You will become one of the company’s data gurus who will maintain and transform diverse geospatial data sets.
The Senior Geospatial Data Scientist will join a new London team set to grow rapidly over the coming months.
Our client is a deep tech AI company founded by a group of MIT technology enthusiasts, engineers, computer scientists. This well-funded start-up provides Location Intelligence technologies through unique products and tailored solutions that utilize AI and advanced analytics to extract insights from geospatial data to drive business growth.
The Senior Geospatial Data Scientist role:
- To document, maintain and contribute to the internal spatial database(s)
- Develop and maintain PostGIS data pipelines
- Participate in data acquisition (eg. APIs, web scraping)
- Work with development teams to ensure access across our different projects
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in a programming language (eg. Python)
- Expertise in PostGIS / Postgres and common GIS software
- Experience in web scraping and data acquisition
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Engagement and rotation among international offices (London, Riyadh, Boston)
- Funded travel and accommodation for one elective training workshop/program per year
- Educational opportunities