Senior Java Developer, Oxford
Core Java, Spring, Agile, Git, TDD
Highly prized opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join one of the world's leading AI tech businesses - a spin-out from Oxford University, now superbly positioned with record funding and a world class tech team coming together.
The Senior Java Developer will work as part of a team with experts in AI, static and dynamic program analysis, and software verification. Although geeks at heart, they nonetheless have a razor sharp focus on their customers as they strive to deliver unparalleled value in a new and exciting space.
The Senior Java Developer will need substantial experience in contributing to large private or open-source projects.
- Design and build Core Java software in an Agile environment
- Provide architectural guidance and review on Java development techniques such as the use of the Spring Framework, classloading, bytecode analysis and manipulation, smart mocking, isolation and algorithmic development
- Pro-actively contribute to the team’s objectives of delivering incremental value every sprint and partner with other team members to deliver those objectives
- Interact with business stakeholders, customers and management to understand and refine user stories and the product backlog
- Have a passion for innovation and improvement whilst recognizing that customer outcomes are always king
The key skills:
- Studied a computer science related subject at an undergraduate degree level or higher, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in the Java language and runtime library
- Fluency in the Spring Framework an the core concepts of Spring testing
- Proven experience in contributing to large private and/or open-source projects
- Proficient knowledge of Git or other SCMs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and a CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with one or more of Linux/Mac OS/Windows environments
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and adapt to arising challenges
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest tech startups in the world of AI for code.
Competitive salary, Private health and dental plan, 8% non-contributory pension, 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Free yoga & Gym membership, Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay.