Senior Node.js Developer, Mobile Games
London - Remote Start
This small mobile games studio is making some of the most successful genre-leading games for tablets and mobile devices. On the back of more than 50 million downloads and substantial financial backing such growth has led to this brand new opening for a Senior Node.js Developer.
The successful Senior Node.js Developer will create highly scalable backend code for fun and engaging mobile games. Working within a small, highly skilled Server team you will develop new game features and maintain popular games with responsibility for team members, deliverables and processes.
Specifically, the software developer will write test-driven, clean and maintainable code in TypeScript for the Node.js runtime.
- 6+ years commercial experience with 2+ years of experience of Node.js
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or a related subject
- Passion for developing highly scalable back-end game code
- Software craftsperson with a diligent programming mentality and zero tolerance for bugs
- Excellent understanding of programming best practices and data-driven design
- Experience writing automated software tests and writing testable code
- Self-driven and excel at completing tasks in a minimally supervised environment
- Able to communicate ideas from abstract game features to complex technical designs
- Comfortable working in a small team on high impact features
- Experience working with databases, ideally NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of commonly used web security techniques
- Experience developing real-time client-server applications
- Interest in Node.js profiling and understanding what makes V8 tick
- Designed, written, deployed, debugged and maintained web services with 100k+ DAU
- Devops enthusiast with experience of cloud platforms such as GCP, Heroku, MongoDB Atlas
- Fan of Kubernetes and containerization
Benefits include: flexible working hours; free snacks and drinks; company pension scheme; discretionary bonus; support with relocation; support to learn, develop and progress; 28 days holiday.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK