Algorithm Developer, Python
Algorithm Developer, Python, R&D, Mathematics, CleanTech
Hybrid remote - 2 days in Newbury office per week
£45-65k + benefits
We’re looking for an exceptional Algorithm Developer to join a small, highly motivated software team developing the mathematical algorithms that lie at the core of world leading software solutions for low-carbon technologies.
The company is currently in the process of moving away from Matlab - re-factoring all the code in Python. The successful candidate will help re-write/architect the Python code and duly take ownership of the codebase. Professional development experience in Python will be strongly advantageous.There will be involvement in the whole R&D life-cycle, from early stage research projects to developing commercial software products deployed at scale, as well as data analysis, modelling and simulation.
The successful Algorithm Developer will be a highly-motivated self-starter with a passion for energy-saving clean technology.
You will need 2+ years commercial experience, together with an outstanding academic background and a proven track record in delivering high quality solutions to problems.
- Taking a key role in the design and development of the next generation of smart home control algorithms in Python
- Using rigorous engineering principles to maintain the reliability of complex mathematical software systems
- Creating innovative new features for anything from cloud-based machine learning for electricity market trading through to optimising cutting-edge energy appliances in the home
- Supporting the deployment of the system at scale
- Deriving insights from real-world performance to improve the product modelling and simulation of low-carbon technologies, including both economic and physical aspects
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or a related discipline
- Expert Python
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in applying them to solve problems
- Familiarity with MATLAB
- System design experience
Experience in: model based design, simulation, testing, heating technologies, building physics, electricity grids and markets, data visualisation, machine learning, experience with AWS
- At least the cost of living pay increase every year
- Company pension contributions
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays with the ability to purchase an additional 10
- Development opportunities to reach your career aspirations
Algorithm Developer | Algorithm Engineer | R&D, Python, Mathematics
- Salary :£45-65k + benefits
- Position :Permanent
- Location :Newbury, Berkshire
- Workplace :Hybrid Remote
- Employment type :Full Time
- Benefits :Pension
- Visa Sponsorship :Not Available